I learned something new - I’ve never used the camel:dataFormats element before.

I normally do something like this
<bean id="my-data-format" class="org.apache.camel.component.hl7.HL7DataFormat" >
    <property name="validate" value="true" />
    <property name="parser" ref="my-parser" />
</bean>

You’d have to define “my-parser” as well, but I think this will work.