Try from(file).marshal().string("UTF-8") etc.
or force your JVM to use UTF-8 as the default charset with -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

patelp7 wrote:

Hi,
I have defined my file URI as file:///....?charset=UTF-8 and my route looks
like below:

from(file)
.convertBodyTo(String.class,"UTF-8")
.split(body().tokenize("\r\n|\n|\r")).streaming()
.process(test)

.end()

If my file has unicode character such as § , it converts into ? I am trying
to preserve § but am not able to. Also, I have realized that without
converting my body to string, the route fails to process when the EOL
character is "/r/n" but passes when the EOF character is "/n"

What am I missing?