Hello,
I will need to write my own DataFormat. I am trying to understand what all
will be needed. Can I re-use anything within existing DataFormats
functionality which Camel provide.

Following are the main areas to be covered for the new DataFormat.
1) Marshal and unmarshal the binary data from text file to/from POJO

2) Making it model driven by being able to provide the data model in form of
Java annotations which the Camel framework will load to marshal and
unmarshal the data.

Both of the above areas are covered in the existing DataFormats provided out
of the box by Camel.

Will I be able to re-use anything for my custom data format ??

Could you please provide brief details on what all you had to do to create a
Custom DataFormat.