My platform is Karaf 4.0.4 and Camel 2.17.3 and RabbitMQ 3.6.2

I have a queue with > 10000 messages on it. When I start Karaf with my route
deployed in, it starts processing messages: Validation and WS call using
cxf, and response sent to a response exchange.

My problem is, that the route stops processing after a short while, having
processed between 30 and maybe 500 messages.
Messages are pretty small and are processed within a few hundreds
milliseconds.

When I look at the queue in RabbitMQ www console, the consumer has
disappeared when processing has stopped...
RabbitMQ is in a HA cluster setup, but in the process of investigating this
issue I started connecting directly to a node.
That didn't however change anything
I have tried fiddling with the connection options, that currently looks like
this:

rabbit.options=requestedHeartbeat=10&concurrentConsumers=1&prefetchEnabled=false&autoAck=false&autoDelete=false&bridgeEndpoint=true&automaticRecoveryEnabled=true&connectionFactory=#rabbitMqConnectionFactory

Any help appreciated...I am really stucked here!

Regards,
Stefan