Too bootstrap a route from the Java DSL you only need to do something like
this:

<camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint";>

     <package>my.routes.internal</package>

</camelContext>

And in the my.routes.internal package (or whatever you want to call
it) you would have route builder. You could put mock:out instead of
direct:out.  You'll still use blueprint to export or import OSGi
services if you are using them but that's a trivial matter and I
wouldn't worry about it just yet. While those routes are hard coded in
here you'll later replace them with substitution variable names that
you can change from the properties.  Use the default properties first
and then you can override them in you cfg file for production.

public class ARouteBuilder extends RouteBuilder {

    public void configure() {

        from("direct:in")
           .log("${body}")
           .to("direct:out");

Also, I'm not sure how IDEA works but I'm sure there's something equivalent
to what one would do in Eclipse to start a project with a Maven archetype.
Just type in:

camel-archetypes-

and it should give you a list of sample archetypes to use to start a
project.  Also, since you are using Fuse there's a selection of projects
under the "quickstarts" directory in there.

Brad