Hello again. It seems that it is something in the headers. I have added
".removeHeaders("*")" to the chain and now jetty is correctly returning the
set message through the "transform" call.

i.e. this works -

[code]
        from("jetty:http://localhost:8080";)
        .transform(constant(""))
        .setHeader(Exchange.HTTP_METHOD, constant("GET"))
                .to("jetty:http://www.google.com"; +
                        "?bridgeEndpoint=true" +
                        "&throwExceptionOnFailure=false")
                .transform(constant("OK"))
        .log("THE BODY IS ${body}")
        .removeHeaders("*");
[/code]

I saw the code of the "transform" method and I saw how this seems to make a
copy of the old message and then update the body. This is why I tried to
clear the headers.

So is this normal?