I have used the StringEncoder previously so perhaps it will be easier to
use ByteArrayEncoder/Decoder..See example here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22794326/not-able-to-send-byte-to-server-with-netty

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 1:51 AM, Steve973 [via Camel] <
ml-node+s465427n5788748...@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

> We tried just taking our byte array and wrapping it in a netty ByteBuf.  I
> read that it's one of the two ways that you can do it.  Either that or use
> a ByteArrayEncoder.  Thoughts?  And thanks for your suggestion, too!
>
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 5:41 PM, souciance <[hidden email]
> <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5788748&i=0>
> > wrote:
>
> > You could create a test route which listens via netty4 tcp and see how
> it
> > behaves with the default codec. If it reads properly then it should ok.
> > Worst case, you may need to encode/decode it.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Steve973 [via Camel] <
> > [hidden email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5788748&i=1>>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello.  If I am creating a byte array to send via a netty4 tcp
> endpoint,
> > > should I disable the default codec?  I want to ensure that the bytes
> are
> > > delivered simply as bytes, and not garbled by an encoding.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Steve
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > > If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion
> > > below:
> > > http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/netty4-producer-and-
> > > default-codec-tp5788736.html
> > > To start a new topic under Camel - Users, email
> > > [hidden email] <http:///user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=5788748&i=2>
> > > To unsubscribe from Camel - Users, click here
> > > <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=
> > unsubscribe_by_code&node=465428&code=c291Y2lhbmNlLmVxZGFtLnJhc2h0aU
> > BnbWFpbC5jb218NDY1NDI4fDE1MzI5MTE2NTY=>
> > > .
> > > NAML
> > > <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/
> NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_
> > viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.
>
> > BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-
> > nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=
> > notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%
> > 21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > View this message in context: http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.
> > com/netty4-producer-and-default-codec-tp5788736p5788741.html
> > Sent from the Camel - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>
> ------------------------------
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion
> below:
> http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/netty4-producer-and-default-codec-
> tp5788736p5788748.html
> To start a new topic under Camel - Users, email
> ml-node+s465427n465428...@n5.nabble.com
> To unsubscribe from Camel - Users, click here
> <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=unsubscribe_by_code&node=465428&code=c291Y2lhbmNlLmVxZGFtLnJhc2h0aUBnbWFpbC5jb218NDY1NDI4fDE1MzI5MTE2NTY=>
> .
> NAML
> <http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>
>




--
View this message in context: 
http://camel.465427.n5.nabble.com/netty4-producer-and-default-codec-tp5788736p5788772.html
Sent from the Camel - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply via email to