Again, stream caching will resolve this, but, as you said earlier, you get
an exception because stream caching changes the object in the message
payload. Apparently there's no converter from InputStreamCache to
javax.ws.rs.core.Response,
which is a bit surprising as this seems a common use case.

You can try writing your own type converters[1]

[1] http://camel.apache.org/type-converter.html