Hi Zoran,

I have been unable to find any detailed description of why absolute paths
cannot be supported in the ftp component.

I am trying to use the ftp component to retrieve files from a remote host.
I use an idempotent repository with the noop=true setting for the consumer.
In this way the remote host is only accessed in a read-only manner.

Does the issue with absolute paths have to do with renaming files after
processing on the remote host?  Is so, my use case would not require this
and would be able to support absolute paths.

Would it be possible to support absolute paths using a property of the the
component URI?  Possibly if noop=true is set?

Thanks,
Paul