Hi Garry,
the issue you're describing seems to correlate with a change in the
way we approach startup/shutdown of Camel context in Spring (Boot)
applications. For context you can read through CAMEL-11261[1] and
follow links from there.

It seems that you might be performing configuration in an uncommon
way. If you can minimize your example to just show the issue you're
experiencing and share the project code, we can then discuss if this
is something that needs to be addressed in Camel.

zoran

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-11261

--
Zoran Regvart