Hi

Are you able to modify the VB script so it copies the file using a
temporary name and then rename the file when the copy is done.

It sounds a bit like the problem is that the VB script is currently
still copying the file, while Camel gets a lock on the file, and
attempt to process it.
File locks is not as easy and it depends a bit what file system, OS,
and how big the files are and other things.

A good strategy is to copy the files using temporary names or in
another folder, and then do a file rename when the copy is over, that
latter then is an atomic file operation which should not cause file
locking issues.

You can also try to use some of the other Camel file lock strategies
instead of marker files.
You can see more in the file documentation about these.

http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus