Hi,

I have code that passes Java properties value that contains a + sign to Java
bean (as a string). The plus sign is replaced with a space when inspected in
the bean. But if I log the contents of the property inside from() ... .end()
the plus sign is shown.

Example:

from("file://..")
    .to("bean:ProcessExcelFile?method=processExcel('{{file.name.starts}}')
    .log("{{file.name.starts}}")
.end();

In the example {{file.name.starts}} is the property that contains the plus
sign. Line .log("{{file.name.starts}}") will show the plus sign in the log
correctly.

But when reaching the processExcel method the plus sign has been replaced with
a space. Any idea why this is happening and what could be done to prevent it ?

I tried reading a properties file with just Java code and the + sign is showing
correctly.

Camel 2.22.1

King Regards,
Jari