Hi,

When testing if I can use Camel 3, I’m getting a NullPointerException when
trying to start Camel.

Part of the stacktrace:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.camel.RuntimeCamelException:
with name 'route.dlc.ErrorRoutes': Initialization of bean failed; nested
exception is org.apache.camel.spring.GenericBeansException: Error post
processing bean: route.dlc.ErrorRoutes; nested exception is
java.lang.NullPointerException

        at
org.apache.camel.impl.engine.CamelPostProcessorHelper.getInjectionBeanValue(CamelPostProcessorHelper.java:292)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.engine.DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.injectFieldBean(DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.java:234)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.engine.DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.lambda$injectFields$0(DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.java:192)
        at
org.apache.camel.util.ReflectionHelper.doWithFields(ReflectionHelper.java:108)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.engine.DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.injectFields(DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.java:184)
        at
org.apache.camel.impl.engine.DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(DefaultCamelBeanPostProcessor.java:95)
        at
org.apache.camel.spring.CamelBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(CamelBeanPostProcessor.java:162)
        ... 30 more

I’m using the Spring Main class to run camel.

Any clue what could be wrong?
I’m trying to create a simple test-case.

Kind regards,

Remco Schoen