The Camel community announces the immediate availability of Camel,
Camel Spring Boot and Camel Karaf 3.4.1, the first patch release for
the 3.4 LTS version with 6 new features, improvements and fixes.

The main reason we are releasing this version is that we compiled
3.4.1 with Java 11 which leads to issues as described in [1]. Although
we already have a fix for this problem (see ticket [2]), we found that
it would be safer to push out a release compiled with Java 8 so nobody
gets affected by this or any similar problems. We plan to continue
compiling with Java 8 until we eventually make Java 11 the base
version for Camel.

The artifacts are published and ready for you to download [3] either
from the Apache mirrors or from the Maven Central repository. For more
details please take a look at the release notes [4, 5].

Many thanks to all who made this release possible.

On behalf of the Camel PMC,
Gregor Zurowski

[1] https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/3244
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-15309