From: Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>
Sent: 15 December 2020 21:42
To: Symphoni Bush - NOAA Affiliate <symphoni.b...@noaa.gov>
Cc: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Camel EOL Versions

EXTERNAL SENDER:   Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you
trust the sender and know the content is safe.
EXPÉDITEUR EXTERNE:    Ne cliquez sur aucun lien et n’ouvrez aucune pièce
jointe à moins qu’ils ne proviennent d’un expéditeur fiable, ou que vous ayez
l'assurance que le contenu provient d'une source sûre.

Hi Symphoni,
I wonder where you found the owner mail alias? Moving the conversation to the
users mailing list.

I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities, others may correct me.

Answer differs slightly based on the major version (2.x or 3.x). For 2.x we
supported the latest two releases. Since version 3.x we support the latest and
last two LTS versions. Exception to that is when we released 3.0 we opted to
support the latest 2.x release as well. All other versions should be considered
EOL at the release of a newer version. This is with respect to what we're
willing to do here at ASF.
Organizations providing commercial support for Camel would most likely have
their own definition of support and EOL dates.

So the date a version is considered EOL is:

1/ for 2.x releases: when a new minor release was done, the second oldest minor
release was considered EOL, for example 2.25.0 was released on 2020-01-23,
making 2.23.x EOL from that date.

2/ for non-LTS 3.x: we consider non-LTS releases EOL as soon as a newer non-LTS
is released, for example 3.6.0 was released on
2020-09-20 making 3.5.0 EOL on that date.

3/ for LTS 3.x: we support the last two LTS releases (currently 3.4 and soon
3.7), 3.4 will be EOL with the the LTS release done after 3.7

List of versions and release dates is available in the release archive on the
website here:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://camel.apache.org/releases/__;!!AaIhyw!8JFXRBAgcpSfw70r1k6EnsebuUKzZTTL_40k3z4yUhPywv-HIeEhZcvJ91E7908T$

It goes back only to 2.18 as that's where we stopped migrating old data to the
new website. For older dates you need to either go to the mailing list archives
or to the wiki[1] which was the source for the old website.

You can find further information in the LTS schedule for 2020 blog post:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://camel.apache.org/blog/2020/03/LTS-Release-Schedule/__;!!AaIhyw!8JFXRBAgcpSfw70r1k6EnsebuUKzZTTL_40k3z4yUhPywv-HIeEhZcvJ94ppx4Js$

zoran

[1]
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CAMEL/Download__;!!AaIhyw!8JFXRBAgcpSfw70r1k6EnsebuUKzZTTL_40k3z4yUhPywv-HIeEhZcvJ97YrWBkI$