Hi, Claus.  Thanks for the feedback.  I think my perspective is a little
bit different, so let's look at it a slightly different way, and see what
you think.

To me, the usefulness of Camel comes with having so many things to choose
from.  Anything isolated might have quite limited usefulness when viewed on
its own.  But, the fact that you can compose your integration through
routing and mediation from a huge arsenal of components, processors, and
other tools, means that you can do quite a lot.  Now, Camel core already
has a dynamic router.  What is your opinion of its usefulness?  The
implementation, as it currently stands, is not inherently dynamic.  It uses
a routing slip, and you would have to "roll your own" routing slip that is
actually dynamic.  The re-circulation behavior is interesting, but it is a
misinterpretation of the control channel.

I see your point about the in-memory-only queue.  But, with the idea of
composition that I discussed above, a route that feeds the Dynamic Router
component can consume messages from anywhere, and the destination URIs can
be literally any of the endpoints that you can set up and use with Camel.
It is as scalable as a developer wants to make it.  It provides something a
bit similar to the dynamic router processor in core, but it is much more
dynamic without having the requirement of the developer to make the slip
dynamic.  It provides additional use cases to the dynamic router processor
in core.

This seems directly applicable to your statement about Camel being the
"glue".  This is yet more glue; I had originally wanted to make this
available alongside the current dynamic router in core, but I took your
advice and made it a component, instead.  Is it not OK for a component to
provide more glue?

Thanks,
Steve