Hi

I am quite new with Apache Camel and assigned to this mailing list
just a few minutes ago.
So please be kind to me :-D

---

Until now I was very successful with using Camel. It is exactly what
we need for our project.
But I wouldn't write here if I didn't have a problem ...

I'm currently working with Apache Camel and hawt.io for monitoring and
debugging my Camel routes.
This works wonderfully, even if some important information is somewhat
hidden in the documentation. For example, it took me a bit to turn on
debugging.

However, if I set a breakpoint in debugging mode then the message
processing stops at that point in the route.
My problem is that I can't see any "body" or "headers" of the Camel
Exchange at that point.

I've tried all sorts of settings:
- tracing / backlog tracing enabled on CamelContext
- tracing / backlog tracing enabled on route
- Adjusted settings on MBean "BacklogDebugger" and "BacklogTracer".

On the other side tracing works: If I activate tracing in the "Trace"
tab, I can see the flow of my messages through all nodes of the route.
Only in "Debugging" tab there is no body nor header when  the route
stopped at the breakpoint.

Here is some information:

- I don't use any special framework: Plain old Java with a Main method
in which I start Camel-Main.
- Apache Camel: 3.14.1
- Jolokai Agent: 1.7.1
- hawt.io: 2.14.5
- Exchange body type: DOMSource

Maybe anyone has an idea what I can try to get the exchange content
while debugging via jmx/hawt.io

This is my route:

getCamelContext().setBacklogTracing(true);

from(rabbitMqFactory.queueConnect("tso11", "tso11-to-nms", "username"))
  .routeGroup("Workflow")
  .routeId("Workflow-to-NMS|Map-TSO11-to-NMS42")
  .routeDescription("Mapping of TSO11 Message to NMS42")
  .convertBodyTo(DOMSource.class)
  .log("Message for '$simple{header:tenant}' received")
  .process(tso11ToNmsMappingProcessor)
  .to("xslt:xslt/tso11-to-nms42.xslt")
  .to("direct:send");

ANd these are current properties: