Since Camel 4.3.0 released 18th December, the framework has primarily
support for virtual threads:

https://camel.apache.org/manual/threading-model.html#_virtual_threads

In the documentation, it's already said that this doesn't work in all
cases. Previously, it was also mentioned by Claus that it can take a long
time (years) before most important libraries implemented support for it
(Currently Spring is one of the few examples that already supports virtual
threads).

I would love to explore this new functionality, but still have many
questions. For example, I don't know what the best settings for threading
are when virtual threads are enabled. I thought that pooling was a solution
that was used with platform threads, but with virtual threads a pool may
not be needed anymore. And if we use a thread pool, can we set the pools to
-1 (infinite) or a million?

Are there already cases in Camel where enabling virtual threads speed up
processing (for example, with a lot of blocking I/O)? Are there benchmarks
available that compare use cases with and without virtual threads enabled?

This is not an area I'm very knowledgeable of, but would love to see a blog
entry that covers this interesting new topic.

Raymond