Hi All,

Is there an easier way to migrate existing VMs on a VMware host into Cloudstack
without exporting as OVF/OVA then importing into Cloudstack as a template, then
deploying again?
This method is also hit or miss. A lot of times I get a BSoD or Kernal Panic
with some VMs I migrated.

If this is the only way to migrate then Cloudstack is going to have a big
problem trying to get people with large existing infrastructures to switch over
to Cloudstack.
There has to be a way that the management server can look at vCenter for
existing VMs and have some sort of wizard or even API only script that does the
following.

1. Lists Existing VMs on a vCenter cluster.
2. Allow you to select the VMs you would like to migrate into cloudstack and
assign each vm to a user/group
Click migrate
3. A process starts to snapshot the existing server, renames and copies the VM
files to Cloudstack primary storage.
4. Cloudstack then updates its database to reflect the new inventory.

I am sure my process is missing a bunch of things but in general this should be
possible I think. I wish I was a programmer so I could help with this.

Thank you very much!