From: ronald higgins [mailto:ronald.higg...@gmail.com]
Sent: 17 April 2013 08:54
To: cloudstack-us...@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Advice::Cloudstack Configuration for Seperate Storage interface

Heya friendlies.

I need some help wrapping my head around how to configure the storage network
on my deployment. It's the first time I'm trying to split the traffic types.
Previous was a flat network topology.

Below is the physical host configuration:

(RHEL6.4/KVM/CS4)

cloud-manager#>
eth0: 172.18.49.10 (management network) #tagged
eth1: 192.168.251.10 (storage network) #untagged

cloud-host1#>
eth0: 172.18.49.11 (management network) #tagged
eth1: 192.168.251.11 (storage network) #untagged

Both my primary and secondary NFS storage are sitting in the 192.168.251.0
network

pri-storage#> 192.168.251.1
sec-storage#> 192.168.251.2

In the Zone configuration wizard I left the defaults in the Advanced Networking
options.
My logic being that once it get's down to the actual routing the o.s kernel
would handle routing the storage through the correct interface (eth1). This
ended up working for the Primary Storage, but for the Secondary Storage not so
much. The SSVM looks to be trying to route traffic via the 172.18.49.1 gateway.

Is there any special configuration that I need to apply to the networking on
O.S Side to get this working correctly? I read some posts about having to
bridge the networks? Or  am I going to have to configure a Storage Network,
VLAN, & Range in the Advanced Wizard? Or both :)

Appreciate any advice :)

Ro
intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under
license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.