The mgmt server will get started as a webapp out of Tomcat, so you can
check the /etc/cloud/management/tomcat6.conf in which you see it is set to
use -Xmx1024m . The usage server is not part of tomcat and does not specify
an -Xmx so it used the runtime determine value based on config and
resources.

hth.