From: Andrei Mikhailovsky [mailto:and...@arhont.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 6:32 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Redundant Virtual Router behaviour

Hello guys,

Could someone please explain how the redundant virtual router functionality is
suppose to work?

I've done some testing by creating a new offering with redundant router
enabled. After launching a vm which had the new network offering i've noticed
that CS has launched two virtual routers, which is a good sign. I've killed the
master VR and as expected, the backup VR has taken over and there was no
significant network downtime (i've lost 5 pings). All looks good.

However, i've noticed that after i've killed the master VR, ACS has not
automatically started or recreated the killed VR, so I still ended up with a
single VR. Isn't ACS suppose to recreate the "lost/killed" VR and make sure
that there are two VRs running all the time?

Thanks

Andrei