I am looking for a little guidance in tying templates to compute offerings or
filtering them in the instance deployment wizard. For example as we step
through the wizard we can choose Zone -> Template -> Compute Offering, in our
case it is possible to create an undeployable situation by choosing a compute
offering where a host tag is defined but the template selected does not support
the hypervisor in the host tag.

For example,  I have both xenserver and vmware.  I have defined a compute
offering with a storage tag for Fibrechannel storage that is not available on
xenserver but you can still choose that compute offering after selecting a
xenserver template which will make an undeployable situation.  Perhaps I am not
using host/storage tags properly but they seem to be functioning as intended.
I am trying to make the deployment process as simple as possible for the end
user and not allow them to choose incompatible offerings.  I fully admit that I
may be looking at this wrong and am looking for some guidance on setting up the
offerings.  I have the following defined and it seems kind of a mess.

Vmware-
                Storage Offering #1 - EMC VMAX (High I/O)
                Storage Offering #2 - EMX VNX (Standard I/O)
                Storage Offering #3 -  EMC ISOLON (NFS/Replicated)

XenServer Storage Offering #1 - EMC AX (Standard I/O)
                      Storage Offering #2 -  EMC ISOLON (NFS/Replicated)

Steve Searles