Hi Eric:

So the folks at TrendMicro have done some work around client-focused
crypto of volumes in CloudStack.

CloudStack itself doesn't have object storage (we consume object
storage, but don't write software to provide object storage - plenty
of good projects that do; Ceph, RiakCS, OpenStack Swift, etc.)

You might want to look at HekaFS as well - it's a translator atop
Gluster designed for multi tenant, and does client driven encryption
to ensure isolation even if the security in Gluster is compromised.

--David