Comments inline.

On 05-Dec-2013, at 5:35 pm, Francesco Maria Magnini <fmm1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I know.

My reply was inline to the comment:

>>> I think icmp is disabled by default on SSVM and CPVM
>>> on control IP address, but should be allowed on public IP address.
>>
>> FWIW, ICMP works on both the public and private addresses on my lab setup:

:)

> As I said on top of the discussion, I tested Cloudstack 4.2 on a CentOS 6.4
> deployment (Controller, KVM Host) and never encountered problems on
> network. I even tested Advancend networking with VLANS, GRE Tunnels in a
> very complicated scenarios.
>
> Switching to Ubuntu (because I need to interact with CEPH), SSVM and KVM
> Guest have no connectivity, in a very basic scenario consisting in basic
> network zone.

Am looking at your brctl output:

root@kvm01:~# brctl show
bridge name bridge id STP enabled interfaces
cloud0 8000.fe00a9fe01a8 no vnet0
vnet4
cloudbr0 8000.0019995a73ac no eth0
vnet1
vnet2
vnet3
vnet5
vnet6
virbr0 8000.000000000000 yes

What’s cloud0 interface? Does the brctl output match with your working CentOS
setup?