Dear Umesh

As you have mentioned about "automation", is  it worth talking about
scaling.
which the cloud is really meant for. Basically there are 2 types of scaling
scale up
and scale out ( or horizontal and vertical scaling) . scale up means you
are making automatic up and
down the vm resources according to the requirement. i.e for example when
your machine need extra memory
it will attach automatically. In scale up scheme the single machine is
scaled. In horizontal scaling
-- another instance of same type will be up to balance he load ( as incase
of http). Though Cloudstack provides
API for scaling, you can write your own autoscaling script. As told by
Apache, they may add this in future release.for
time being it is supported by Netscaler ( Hardware) provided by Citrix. But
there are some third party tools
which can do this. you can se "scalr" https://github.com/Scalr/  and
http://www.scalr.com/
Cloudmonkey is the commandline interface for CloudStack, it is not a
automation tool.  But you can use the API acces method used in Cloudmonkey
for writting your own plugin for CloudStack

Hope you understand

--
*Thanks and Regards*
Manas Ranjan Biswal