On 06.02.2014 17:34, motty cruz wrote:
Thanks Nux,
I am using over-provision, so I had to enable that feature in
/boot/config--current-linux kernel.

if I do rmmod virtio-balloon guest machines are able to see all RAM
allocated to them but if I do modprobe virtio-balloon guest machines only see half of the RAM allocated. even if I turned over-provission off, guest
machines only see half of RAM allocated to them.

Yeah, over-provisioning in KVM is a bit tricky. In 4.3 we'll have the option not to have the VMs memory size messed with and can use KSM for memory de-duplication.

Nux!
www.nux.ro