Hi, no, you should continue to use the applicable Windows OS Types for
Windows VMs.  The PV drivers will work correctly with the correct
Windows OS Type.  Furthermore, on XenServer hosts a Windows VM won't
work at all with a PV mode OS Type such as "Other PV".  Those OS Types
are only for OSs with PV support in the kernel (i.e. Linux).

Best regards,
Kirk