Adrian,

If i understand the task correctly, you are trying to have replica sets across datacenters with ACS functional.

I can think of a solution that does not require heavy investment.

1) you replicate the VM disk content across to datacenter X
2) you replicate db content from cloudstack, you can just fetch the content from ACS via APIs and re-load the content into secondary ACS.

Alena from Citrix explained how she did it @ CCNA14 in Denver.

3) needless to say, you IP between datacenters will change, so VMs should know how to handle that change

regards
ilya