Nope, i'm not missing the point, just speaking to folks who run large docker implementations for quite sometime and moving away from it into LXC world.

Btw, shipping container - implies shipping a tar file with metadata.

On 1/26/15 11:44 AM, Nux! wrote:
Going LXC might be missing the point. I don't think people go Docker because
they want containers foremost;
they do because  hey want an easy way to ship applications and configurations.
Going LXC will do nothing for these people.

/imho
Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

----- Original Message -----
From: "ilya musayev" <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Sent: Monday, 26 January, 2015 18:45:10
Subject: Re: Docker Support?
Dockers networking model is rather complex (to say the least).

LXC would be the way to go, though it does not have as much marketing as
docker does.

Regards
ilya
On 1/26/15 4:51 AM, Osay Osman Yuuni wrote:
Hi all,

Any news on progress with the docker container support for ACS?  I've seen
a few articles on how to install CoreOS on ACS and thence docker as well as
the wish list for docker containers to be supported in ACS like LXC but I
was wondering when this'll become a reality.  Also seen mentioned elsewhere
that Exoscale has docker templates?  Would be nice if this can go to market
sooner.

Cheers

Osay