From: Jan-Arve Nygård [mailto:jan.arve.nyg...@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 May 2015 15:02
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Console Improvements

I agree, improved console would be very welcome and would increase the end-user
experience as you say.

-thinktwo

> Hi,
> AFAIK they - Proxmox, SolusVM and others are using noVNC HTML5
> implementation, it is pretty fast and works fine. Btw, it is opensource.
> Link to the noVNC github: https://github.com/kanaka/noVNC It could be
> a nice feature for Cloudstack.
>
> On 7 May 2015 at 16:48, Alessandro Caviglione <c.alessan...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> > I'm using CS 4.4.2 and i just want to know if there is a chance to
> improve
> > the current console.
> > I do not want to denigrate the work of developers because I love
> CloudStack
> > and I think it's very undervalued compared to other competitors ...
> > but
> the
> > console is really bad.
> > Any other product has a better console: Proxmox, SolusVM,
> > Euchalyptus,
> etc
> > I know that compared to the entire ecosystem of CloudStack the
> > console
> is a
> > small piece of the puzzle, but it's the piece that the end user sees
> first.
> > The console is virtually unusable performing an installation from
> > ISO,
> the
> > characters are not transferred properly, when you reboot an instance
> > the console goes in Access Denied and you have to re-open, while
> > using it
> there
> > is a continuous flapping of the screen.
> > So the user have to open the SSH or RDP ports to the Internet to
> > connect directly to his instance and work better ... reducing
> > security and increasing the user inconvenience.
> > Is there any chance of improvement?
> >
> > Thank you very much

CloudStack Software
CloudStack Infrastructure
Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is a company
incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. Shape
Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in Brasil and is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd is a company
registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under license from