Hi folks,

Couple months ago I shared a few thoughts for 2015 [1], things that we could do
to make our project even greater.
There has been good progress, so I would like to share a few updates.

1- Review board.
We are no longer using review board, all code contributions should now come as
github pull requests.
This is proving to be very successful. We have closed 248 pull requests and
have 12 currently open.
This does not count the commits that come in directly into the source.
Let's keep it coming.

2- AWSAPI
We removed the AWSAPI code that was in our source. It consisted of a lot of
auto-generated code and increased
our number of lines of code quite a bit. This is going to make our build and
our packaging easier.

3- ec2stack and gcestack
Those two packages are now official CloudStack subproject. They are hosted on
Apache git infrastructure and mirrored on github [2][3].
We are accepting pull requests the same way than our standard source.
These are python packages, and represent a good entry point for Python
programmers.
Next is to actually do an official release of these two API interfaces.

4-Ansible
The ansible cloudstack module from Rene Moser is being merged in as a core
Ansible module.
Expect it in Ansible 2.0

5-New docs theme
Our documentation has a new documentation theme [4] thanks to Pierre-Luc Dion.
There is still a lot to do here, see [1] for low hanging fruits in this area.

6-CloudStack days
Our CloudStack days kicked off in Austin.
The Tokyo day will be on June 2nd [5] and the schedule should be up shortly.
The call for papers are open for Seattle [6] on August 20th and Dublin on
October 8-9 [7]
We also have a London meet up this week [11] and in June we will have one in
Amsterdam.
The Dublin event will be a two day event with an off-site hackathon.
Submit your talks early so we can plan a great program.
Sponsor so we can have a great conference.
Register so we can all meet face to face.

7-Website
The website has been moved to git, instead of the old svn based apache content
management system.
It is mirrored on github [8] and we can accept pull requests for modification.
The website now uses middleman for build system.
There is also tons to do there, we should come up with a new slick modern
design.

In terms of code, 4.5.1 has been released [10] which contains some great
plugins like Nuage SDN, SAML 2.0 and Globo DNS.

With Apache getting more resources from TravisCI, we are now able to run more
integration tests for every commit and we are going to try a new release
process for 4.6.
We all continue to strive to make CloudStack even more rock solid than it is
now, and making it a snap to release our code. So do chime in on the
d...@cloudstack.apache.org if you want to help with hardening and extending
CloudStack.

If you are not a developer, do have a look at [1], a lot of those items fall in
the JFDI [9] category. Finishing up some of those will greatly help the +2000
people on these lists.

Personally I see all this as great progress and focus, let's keep it up.

Cheers,

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/2015+Plan
[2] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-ec2stack
[3] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack-gcestack