Windows instances are usually having a much bigger size than the typical Linux VM. It's normal to take longer. Even with 10GB network, it can take up to 5 minutes depending of the load on our SS.

FG

On 2015-06-29 10:28 AM, Timothy Lothering wrote:
Hi Prashant,

There are a couple of questions here:

1. Has your hardware been configured for optimal I/O throughput?
2. Have you installed XenTools on the VM?

Slow VM Template Deployment:

Initial Template download from SS is dependent on the SSVM, CPU, RAM and Network speed. Check
that all of these have been configured to optimal speed & size. Initial template
deployment is "slow" as the template needs to be copied from SS first. Subsequent
deployments should be faster.

Slow VM Reboot:

This is dependent on the hardware configuration and whether PV drivers
(XenTools) have been installed.

Kind Regards,

Timothy Lothering
Timothy Lothering
Solutions Architect
Managed Services

T: +27877415535
F: +27877415100
C: +27824904099
E: tlother...@datacentrix.co.za

DISCLAIMER NOTICE:

Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relating to the official business
of Datacentrix Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries
('Datacentrix') is proprietary to Datacentrix. It is confidential, legally
privileged and protected by law. Datacentrix does not
own and endorse any other content. Views and opinions are those of the sender
unless clearly stated as being that of Datacentrix.
The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole authorised recipient. Please
notify the sender immediately if it has unintentionally
reached you and do not read, disclose or use the content in any way.
Datacentrix cannot assure that the integrity of this communication
has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus, interception or
interference.