Ladies and gentlemen,

A ticket was entered by Rene Moser [1] on the way ACS handles missing power
state reports. His issue is that VMs ma at times be regarded as off while
they are registered as running and actually running as well. The missing
report has to be handled in some way so right now it is handled as if the
VM is down. I made a PR [2] that does minimal handling by only logging the
fact. This seems an improvement but I have no idea if it is and how to test
it.

so two questions:
- is this a blocker?
- is the ignoring after logging the appropriate way to handle this?

I would be very pleased with all and any of your opinions.

regards,

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-8848
​[2] https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/829​

--