Now I understand what you are doing, I am familiar with that concept (live
migration of VM within a cluster, having the VHD being moved from one SR to
another).

I just got confused when I read live migration of volumes (a volume does
not run by itself, so that why I asked a little for some more information).

Looking at the source code this is the variable used to control the timeout:
"long timeout = (_migratewait) * 1000L;"

The value of "_migratewait" is taken from this parameter:
value = (String) params.get("migratewait");
_migratewait = NumbersUtil.parseInt(value, 3600);

Therefore, the name of the parameter to be configured is "migratewait", the
default value is 3600.

BTW1: I think that is a terrible parameter name. We should refactor that,
could you open a Jira ticket for that?

BTW2: that error message you posted does not seem to be related to the
migration timeout; hence, in the code if the copy times out the message
would be:
"Async " + timeout/1000 + " seconds timeout for task " + task.toString()"

Maybe because it throws a "Types.BadAsyncResult(msg)" and that might be
translated into that message, or that might not be related to the problem
itself, and you just thought that it was.

Does it help you?

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 10:00 PM, Ryan Farrington <rfarring...@remitdata.com

--
Rafael Weingärtner