Hi Özhan,

“Load balancing” is probably not the right term here - this is similar to
the VMWare DRS initial placement - but it is not load based.
The placement of a VM is determined by your vm.allocation.algorithm global
setting. If you check this you’ll find the following five options:

- random: Random host chosen.
- firstfit: places the VM on the first host *with available capacity*
- userdispersing: spreads the users VMs across hosts / clusters,
effectively gives better resilience for the end users VMs
- userconcentratedpod_random: concentrates the users VMs on the same pod,
but places them at random within that pod
- userconcentratedpod_firstfit: concentrates the users VMs on the same
pod, but picks the first host with available capacity

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect

On 29/10/2015, 20:35, "Özhan Rüzgar Karaman" <oruzgarkara...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi Dag;
>What i understood from documentation is Load Balancing over KVM hosts are
>handled only from the selection on Service Offering >> Deployment Planner
>part. Is this information correct for KVM? Could you give me some
>information and comments?
>
>Thanks
>Özhan
>
>On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 6:16 PM, Dag Sonstebo <dag.sonst...@shapeblue.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Hi Özhan,
>>
>> pure DRS style load balancing for KVM hosts doesn¹t exist yet for
>> CloudStack.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dag Sonstebo
>> Cloud Architect
>>

>> On 28/10/2015, 13:33, "Özhan Rüzgar Karaman" <oruzgarkara...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi;
>> >Does CloudStack handle, VM Load Balancing over KVM hosts? I am looking
>>for
>> >Vmware DRS style vm load balancing solution over KVM hosts. I check
>> >documents but i could not find much info. Thanks for all responses.
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >Özhan
>>
>> Find out more about ShapeBlue and our range of CloudStack related
>>services
>>
>> IaaS Cloud Design & Build<
>> http://shapeblue.com/iaas-cloud-design-and-build//>
>> CloudStack Software Engineering<
>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-software-engineering/>
>> CloudStack Infrastructure Support<
>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>
>> CloudStack Bootcamp Training Courses<
>> http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-training/>
>>
>> This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are
>>intended
>> solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views
>>or
>> represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or related companies. If you are not
>>the
>> intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based
>> upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the
>>sender
>> if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is
>> company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP
>>is a
>> company incorporated in India and is operated under license from Shape
>>Blue
>> Ltd. Shape Blue Brasil Consultoria Ltda is a company incorporated in
>>Brasil
>> and is operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue SA Pty Ltd
>>is
>> a company registered by The Republic of South Africa and is traded under
>> license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.

CloudStack Software
CloudStack Infrastructure
Support<http://shapeblue.com/cloudstack-infrastructure-support/>

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company