Hi Lv,

glad you got it sorted. Apologies - I missed your previous post - but DB
servers are where you typically see these problems first since they tend to be
I/O intensive.
You are right in that shared storage allows for live migration between
hypervisor hosts without the underlying disks migrating, however all running
VMs will consume bandwidth on your backend network - and ultimately if there
isn't enough network bandwidth or speed between the hypervisor and the NFS host
your VMs will suffer. Typically Linux VMs deal with this better than Windows
VMs, which tend to have a shorter disk timeout period before the disk goes
read-only.

For reference have a look at the following KB articles - these are from VMware
but the concept applies whatever hypervisor you are using:

https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1014
https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1009465

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo