Hi,

I have recently experienced OOM killer killing 1 production VM on KVM host,
which was no fun obviously. But more importantly, I had swap used 95%
(16GB) and similar percentage of RAM used at the time of incident -
something I need to investigate on my own, but naturally here OOM killer
kicked in.

But, I'm wondering, since this KVM host is used only as hypervisor (beside
32mb RBD cache per volume = ~2GB RAM total on my case) - how does ACS
handles single host RAM memory capacity and usage - I't can see whole i.e.
128GB of the host - but how much it will try to allocated here, up to what
percentage ?

I know we have cluster and global parameter for
cluster.memory.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold and alert for same, but
what about single host.
Is there a way to configure ACS to not try to use more tha i.e. 85% of RAM
of the single physical host ?

Do we have place in code, where we could check/implement/imrpove this, so
my colleagues could take a look ? Or in other words how to avoid OOM
happening here...

Thanks a lot,

--

Andrija Panić