Puppet/Chef/Ansible will not help you to optimize the current task of
migrating your servers from AWS to CS, but will reduce you if you have to
do it again in the future. If you have to re-deploy the servers perhaps you
can think about it. Automatic setup also reduces operative tasks, reduces
human error factor, increases QoS, and of course, if you fail, you will do
it in a big way ;)

We use Scalr over AWS and Cloudstack with VMware, and once you have defined
your services with Scalr is easy to re-deploy them on the private cloud, or
on any public cloud providers like AWS, GCE or Azure.

But if you finally find a good way to do it, please don't forget sharing it!

Good luck!

Atentamente,
Sebastián Gómez