Hi Gregoire,

Glad the blog post is of use. It’s a while since I wrote it so I had to re-read
it myself.  I have not come across this problem – but as you can probably guess
we luckily don’t have to do this recovery procedure very often.

I can only assume same as yourself that the vhd-util coalesce using the
downloaded vhd-util binary must give a slightly different format header which
the import in CloudStack doesn’t like but XS is quite happy about. Also keep in
mind that the vhd-util from
http://download.cloud.com.s3.amazonaws.com/tools/vhd-util is slightly different
than the one you find on the XenServers, so this may also be a factor.

Please let us know how you get on with your investigation – if you find the
root cause let me know and I’ll add it as a subnote to the original article
(don’t worry you’ll get the credit ( ).

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect