Hi Don,

Very few people (if any) run hardware management servers. The model depends on
which hypervisor you use – but a typical installation will run a small
hypervisor management cluster just to host the management and MySQL VMs as well
as any other infrastructure VMs required – so you probably just need compute
capacity for 3-4 VMs at the most. I would guess your 32GB servers would do for
this and then you can use the rest as of your hardware as dedicated compute
hosts.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect