Good stuff (btw I have been using old password init and MSI installer for
win2016 and it works just fine for me).

Cloudinit also supports automatic resize of root partitions/filesystem on
boot (usefull when you deploy VM from small template but choose to make
root disk bigger during vm creation).

Cheers
Andrija