Hi Andrija,

Thanks for the clarification and quick response

regards,
Ran

On 11/16/2018 02:15 PM, Andrija Panic wrote:
Hi Ran,

templates stays on Primary Storage "forever", at least for NFS (they are
moved from Secondary to Primary when you deploy a very first VM from
specific template). All VMs have this templates qcow2 as baking (parent)
image.

This template is a qcow2 copy of a file from Secondary Storage - and is
considered a "parent" image, from which all child images  (VM volumes) are
created - as you stated baking file (qcow linked clones, in official
terminology)

you can have i.e. 100 VMs all linking (having it's backing file...) to a
template qcow2 file.
So in other words, it's not supposed to be removed.

Does this make sense?

Cheers