Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect
ShapeBlue

On 11/01/2019, 16:13, "Daniel Farrar" <daniel.far...@carringtonmh.com> wrote:

    This set me straight, much appreciated!  Was over-complicating my demo
setup, got rid of all vlans for Public and Management networks while leaving
Guest networks with a VLAN range.  No issues now.

    Daniel Farrar

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Dag Sonstebo <dag.sonst...@shapeblue.com>
    Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2019 11:42 AM
    To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
    Subject: Re: KVM Agent Error: Incorrect details for private Nic

    Hi Daniel,

    Yes makes sense and this is your simplest setup. Just remembered I updated
this blog post a couple of months back - it should see you right
https://www.shapeblue.com/networking-kvm-for-cloudstack-2018-revisit-for-centos7-and-ubuntu-18-04/

    Regards,
    Dag Sonstebo
    Cloud Architect
    ShapeBlue

    On 10/01/2019, 16:37, "Daniel Farrar" <daniel.far...@carringtonmh.com>
wrote:

        Thank you Dag, this looks very likely to be the case.  I was able to
find a scenario yesterday that brought the service up by setting eno1.8 type to
Ethernet, disabling eno1.8, restarting the agent service, then re-enabling
eno1.8 as type Vlan.  My intended design was to create a 2 NIC bond (for now
just single NIC eno1 for troubleshooting), create subinterfaces (ex eno1.8 for
vlan8), and assign each subinterface to a cloudstack service.  I will try
letting Cloudstack take care of all vlans and remove the subinterface, pointing
cloudbr0 directly to eno1 or bond.

        ​​​​​Daniel Farrar