All,

After troubleshooting a strange issue with a new lab environment yesterday, it
appears that the patchviasocket functionality we rely on for key and ip
injection into our router/SSVM/CPVM images is broken with
qemu-kvm-ev-2.12.0-18.el7 (January 2019 release). This was tested on Centos 7.6.
No data is injected and this was confirmed using socat on /dev/vport0p1.
qemu-kvm-ev-2.10.0-21.el7_5.7.1 works, so hopefully this will save someone some
pain and suffering trying to figure out why the deployed seems broken.

We're going to dig in and see if can figure out the patches responsible for it
breaking.

-Si