Hi Ivan,

is it possible that your DB got somehow corrupted or that you are missing
records in template_store_ref etc  - this might be the reason why SSVM is
trying to download templates again - if you check the logs for
non-problematic templates, you will see something like "template already on
store this and that, no need to download again, skipping". For the rest
(which are considered not downloaded), it will try to download again from
the URL in the main vm_template table.

Can you also check for the records on the template_spool_ref (Primary
Storage) - I assume these might be OK, ca you spin new VM from an existing
(problematic) template ?

Behavior (from your second email) is expected - same kind of errors you
would get if you just added another Secondary Storage to your CloudStack
setup, but original URL is unavailable (you could play with hacking MD5 in
DB, but that is not a solution at all).

As for the restoration of the template.properties - do you have a backup ?

Best,
Andrija

Andrija Panić