Gregor,

I already shared the solution for existing VMs - for any new VMs to be
deployed from some template, please change the template details and specify
the rootController type as you need it - this will make sure all new VMs
deployed from that template will inherit the specific root controller
type...

Let me know if that works for you.

Andrija

--