Jesse:

As Andrija said, this is a purely DHCP issue, has nothing to do with the
CloudStack.

We have a similar set up here , where both ACS VM instances and non-ACS servers
exist on the same subnet, and they are served by separated DHCP servers (stock
ISC dhcp server on RHEL).  Here is how we solved the conflict.

For non-ACS DHCP server, In dhcpd.conf, we define a class for Cloudstack
instances based on their MAC address.  Then in the pool stanza for each subnet
served by this (non ACS) DHCP server , just ignore members of cloustack class.

Here are the relevant snippets in dhcpd.conf:

class "Cloudstack" {
  match if substring(hardware,1,1) = 06;
}

# Prod_DMZ_subnet
subnet 10.0.8.0 netmask 255.255.252.0 {
        pool {
            deny members of "Cloudstack";
        }
}

In earlier versions of ACS, all VM's MAC address start with "06:".  I think in
current version of ACS, they start with "1e:"   now.

Hope this helps.

Yiping