Hi Melanie,

I would without a doubt choose Linux bridge unless you want to use some
very special things that OVS provides - but assuming you'll be using VLANs
(or VXLANs) and considering the simplicity, stability, performance - I
would go with that.
Since XenServer is using it as the default, it has to be wrong! (again me,
joking a bit).

But seriously, if you name one benefit of OVS that Linux bridge doesn't
provide - then it makes sense (i.e. in CloudStack, if you are running some
high-performance network appliances - that kind of business, you might want
to use DPDK which is atm supported only by OpenVSwitch)

Cheers

--

Andrija Panić