Welcome Augusto!

I'll do my best to answer your questions and I'm sure others will chime in as
well.

  1.  CloudStack is designed to scale to massive levels and supports various
levels of availability. Typically, if you are going to be building out services
in different geographic areas, you'd separate those into CloudStack Regions.  A
region is designed to be completely self-contained, with no dependencies on
other regions. Please see this URL for more detail on this -
https://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/conceptsandterminology/concepts.html#cloudstack-terminology
  2.  AWS and other vendors do offer some bare metal services. As long as you
have direct access to the underlying server hardware, you could definitely
utilize them as CloudStack Hosts. CloudStack does support a number of
hypervisors, either directly (as in the case with KVM), or via other management
systems (such as VMWare with vSphere). Think of CloudStack as an orchestrator
or orchestrators.
  3.  CloudStack networking can be deploying in a number of ways. At the most
simplistic level, you can deploy hosts and use host based security groups for
separation with little to no complexity on the underlay network.  You can also
utilize advanced networking and separate Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs) via
VLANs, VXLANs or other tunnel protocols depending on what the underlining
hypervisor supports.

CloudStack is in use by large cloud providers and huge corporations world wide
and it built to be extremely robust, while still providing the flexibility that
different entities require. We have a large community and a lot of vendor
integrations allowing the cloud operator to mix and match technologies that
better suit their needs.

-Si